If you’re traveling with children, there are plenty of places offering adventure or an easy-going afternoon. From Great Wolf Lodge off Exit 88 a few miles north of Centralia to Victory Lanes, a Morton bowling alley, you’ll have no trouble keeping the kids entertained while you’re in town.
Family Friendly Fun Map
View Family-Friendly Fun Map in a larger map
Great Wolf Lodge
The Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound, which opened in March 2008, offers more than the average hotel stay. The lodge features an enormous indoor water park, various restaurants, an arcade, a gym and much more for toddlers, teens or the entire family.
Check out these amenities:
Fun for Children and Toddlers
• Cub Paw Pool, a safe pool where toddlers can explore the spray-and-play features or wade into the zero-depth entry kiddie pool with a maximum depth of 18 inches.
• Slap Tail Pond, a wave pool with three feet tall waves.
• Fort Mackenzie, a four-story treehouse in the center of the indoor water park.
Fun for Teens
• Howlin’ Tornado, a three-person water ride that drops down a six-story funnel and swirls people 30 feet up the side of the funnel before safely landing at the bottom.
• River Canyon Run, a signature raft ride down a waterslide.
• Scoops Kids Spa, a spa designed for kids offers oversized banana splits while getting a pedicure among other experiences.
Fun for the Entire Family
• Hot Springs offers relaxation in a jumbo warming pool.
• Northern Lights Arcade, a family-friendly arcade with over 100 games designed for everyone in the family.
• Iron Horse Fitness Room, a 24-hour fitness room with a variety of workout equipment.
If You Go
Where: 20500 Old Highway 99, SW, Grand Mound
From birthday parties to league events, Lewis County has bowling available for everyone looking for a night on the lanes.
This eight-lane alley offers Rock N Bowl Saturday night from 9:30 to midnight.
IF YOU GO
Where: 827 N. Tower Ave., Centralia
Winter Hours: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday 5 p.m. to midnight
Summer Hours: Tuesday 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday 5 p.m. to midnight
Along with Rock N Bowl, Fairway Lanes, an 18-lane alley, hosts Monte Carlo bowling Saturday night from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
If You Go
Where: 1501 S. Gold St., Centralia
Prices: Winter rates are $3.50 per game. Summer rates are $2 per game. On Friday and Saturday Rock N Bowl takes place from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Winter Hours: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Summer Hours: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Victory Lanes is a 12-lane bowling alley that also offers an arcade, go karts and mini golf.
IF YOU GO
Where: 834 Westlake Ave., Morton
Those looking to cool off in the water or get a workout in can find the opportunity at different swimming pools around Lewis County. Outdoors pools open in the summertime and Thorbeckes Fitlife Aquatic Center in Centralia offers swimming indoors year round.
Chehalis Community Pool
If You Go
Where: 410 S.W. Parkland Dr., Chehalis
Hours: Opens June 22, swim lessons begin June 27
Swim Lesson Registration: June 23 and 24 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Tenino Quarry Pool
Where: 319 Park Ave. W., Tenino
Hours: Opens Fourth of July, Wednesday through Sunday noon to 7 p.m.
Thorbeckes Fitlife Aquatic Center
Where: 2020 Borst Ave. #2, Centralia
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 5:30 a.m. – 8 p.m., Friday 5 a.m. – 9 p.m.,Saturday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sunday Noon – 5 p.m. Open year round.
Discover! Children’s Museum
Opened in the Twin City Town Center just this year, the Discover! Children’s Museum has educational offerings for all ages. The pilot project is set to continue through August as organizers gauge interest in the community and discern how the project is working.
The museum offers a variety of exhibits including one titled “Power of Air” in which air blows through a maze of flexible tubing. There is a veterinarian clinic where kids can “treat” stuffed animals, a weather studio with a green screen and a farmers market with plastic produce to teach children commerce and healthy living.
The museum also houses a paleontology fossil dig, a Lego building exhibit, a train table, a toddler area with building blocks and a music room.
If you Go
Where: 1461 NW Louisiana Ave., Chehalis
Contact: (360) 996-4011
Hours & Admission:
Wednesday through Saturday: 10 a.m. -5 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Admission: $4 per person